Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Home at the End of the World

Warning: It's 12:20am now and I just got back, and I am listening to Bright Eyes atm - so don't complain if I get a bit sentimental in this post :)

The truth is, I've been living my last few years thinking that I would die at the age of 40 lol. It's not that I am hoping to have a short life, but I've come to the conclusion that it's best to live with a self-consciousness that the end is always near the corner, lurking. It's sort of like when you were a kid and you were at a mate's place, and you would be expecting when your parents will arrive at the front door to pick you up. At least for me, having this kind of anticipation gives me enough reason to seek out my dreams without a hint of hesitation.

And for that particular reason, I tended to, from a pretty young age, to have a kind of strange yet logical emotional distance which I maintained between myself and "home".

There is no doubt, that I am the type that would choose to take the longer path, so that I can seek out an adventure, to tackle a challenge and to measure my own capacity in times of hardship.

So for wherever my next destination maybe (UK and then NYC?) - I will look forward to throw myself into the deep end again with great anticipation!

No comments: